The Fraunhofer Society for the Advancement of Applied Research (German: Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e. V.; hereinafter referred to as the "Fraunhofer Society") has programmed a so-called glass demonstrator as a web application through its legally non-independent institution Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation (German: Fraunhofer-Institut für Fabrikbetrieb und -automatisierung IFF). The glass demonstrator is made available for free use on the internet at the URL https://glassdemo.cf.evoila.io/.
Users of the glass demonstrator can select image files located on local storage media and load them into the cloud-based web application. The glass demonstrator checks whether the uploaded file contains an image of a beverage glass and its filling status. If the image file contains a partially filled beverage glass and this is identified as such by the application, the glass demonstrator calculates a new image of the beverage glass by means of programming based on artificial intelligence, on which the filling state is increased.
The original image file uploaded by the respective user and the AI-manipulated version are not saved. Furthermore, no meta data or personal data from the image file is processed.
§ 1 – Subject to modifications:
§ 2 – Liability for contents:
(1) The contents and updates on the glass demonstrator's website are prepared and executed with due care. However, no guarantee can be given for the accuracy, completeness and topicality of the information contained therein, nor for editorial or technical errors. In particular, no guarantees, assurances or other legal claims are made on the basis of this information.
(2) As an internet service provider, the Fraunhofer Society is responsible for its own content on the glass demonstrator’s website in accordance with § 7 para. 1 of the German Telemedia Act (German: Telemediengesetz) and general legislation. This own content must be distinguished from cross-references (hereinafter referred to as “links”) to content provided by other providers. By providing such links, the Fraunhofer Society makes third-party content available for use which is identified in this way.
(3) Links are always dynamic references. When the link was first set up, the Fraunhofer Society examined the external content to determine whether it might possibly give rise to civil or criminal liability. However, the Fraunhofer Society does not constantly check the content to which it refers in its own website for changes that could give rise to new liability. If the Fraunhofer Society discovers, or is informed by others, that a specific third-party website to which a link is provided gives rise to civil or criminal liability, the link to this website will be removed immediately upon becoming aware of this.
§ 3 – Copyright:
(1) The Fraunhofer Society always endeavors to respect the copyrights of others or to use their own or license-free works.
(2) All contents and structures of this website are protected by copyright and ancillary copyright. Publication in the world wide web or other internet services does not constitute a declaration of consent for other use by third parties. Any use of such material not permitted under German Copyright Law shall require the prior written consent of the Fraunhofer Society. Modification of the website or parts thereof is prohibited in all cases.
(3) Downloads and copies of these pages are only permitted for private, non-commercial use. Reproduction, use and linking for public or commercial purposes is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Fraunhofer Society.
(4) The user may not remove copyright notices, trademarks and other legal reservations in the data. He is obliged to ensure that the authorship is acknowledged.
§ 4 – Availability:
(1) The Fraunhofer Society makes every effort to ensure that the services available on the website are available for use without interruption. However, despite all due care, downtimes cannot be ruled out.
(2) Maintenance work, further developments or malfunctions may restrict or temporarily interrupt the possibilities of use. This may also result in data loss under certain circumstances.
(3) We cannot accept any liability for interruptions or other disturbances caused by files that have not been created without errors or formats that are not structured without errors.
(4) Furthermore, the Fraunhofer Society shall be entitled to modify or discontinue the services and performances offered at any time at its own discretion and without prior notice.